Friday 6 February 2015

Tin Can Knits' Twelve Months, Twelve Sweaters Challenge

Tin Can Knits, the knitwear design company with a foot in Edinburgh and the other in Vancouver, Canada, has
thrown down the gauntlet ... to knit 12 sweaters in 12 months. Alexa and Emily, the owners, have declared 2015 to be the year of the sweater. They are each going to knit a sweater a month, share their progress on their blog, and offer techniques and tips along the way.

There are prizes too for three lucky people who join in the challenge:

1. A year's worth of sweater yarn from Emily's Scottish-based dyeing company Rainbow Heirloom (I've got my eye on that prize)

2. A signed copy of the pair's latest pattern book, Road Trip

3. The Tin Can Knits elibrary.

To join in the challenge go to the competition's Ravelry thread. You get bonus points for knitting a sweater from a Tin Can Knits pattern.

I'm going to give it a whirl and will list my progress here. I finished a Peppa Pig jumper for my goddaughter in January and will post a pic as soon as I have one.

The challenge is much easier to achieve if you knit baby sweaters. I've got the opposite on my needles - a man's XL jumper for my husband. There are two jumpers for me I'm part way through and then the rest will come from my stash. I'm looking forward to achieving a double whammy: finally making some room in my cupboards overflowing with yarn, and also treasuring some new jumpers for me. Plus, dare I say it, getting a head start on Christmas presents for 2015 ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

© A Woolly Yarn. Powered by