Friday 13 March 2015

Edinburgh Yarn Fest

This weekend sees Scotland's capital city go all woolly at the knees because of Edinburgh Yarn Fest.

The Edinburgh Corn Exchange is the venue for the yarn festival, which takes place on Saturday 14th March from 10am to 5.30pm and on Sunday 15th March from 10am to 5pm. As well as lots and lots of lovely yarn on sale there will be classes, from learning brioche stitch to knitting a fair isle brooch. In the podcast lounge there will be lots of events taking place, with the help of blogger Knit British.

Reading the list of exhibitors was a great source of information for me on Scottish woolly brands that I hadn't heard of before. I love the hand dyed yarn from The Border Tart, Old Maiden Aunt's handpainted Shetland wool, and naturally dyed yarns in The Skye Shilasdair Shop.

Day admission to the the Festival is £8, with a full weekend ticket retailing at £12.

It's my birthday this weekend and I'm hoping to celebrate next year by taking a trip to Edinburgh Yarn Fest, assuming it will take place on the same weekend. I'm already planning a list of yarn I've got my eye on, in the knowledge that my yarn diet will be over by 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© A Woolly Yarn. Powered by