Saturday 7 December 2019

The Future Of A Woolly Yarn

A Woolly Yarn is moving to Instagram!

I started A Woolly Yarn at the beginning of 2014 and since then the digital world has changed significantly. Podcasts and vlogs have replaced blogs in popularity with people also wanting to access information in short, bitesized chunks on social media.

Whilst I've loved publishing A Woolly Yarn over the last six years it has been a time-consuming labour of love. I now have less spare time to give to the blog thanks to my great news that my debut novel, My Perfect Sister, is going to be published by Red Door Press in May 2020. I'm hard at work on a second novel and am dedicating most of my free hours to that.

Therefore I have decided that from January 2020 the A Woolly Yarn blog will go into retirement. Instead please fellow A Woolly Yarn on Facebook and Instagram.  It'll still be the place for British knitting news and reviews and there will be more frequent but shorter updates.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has followed A Woolly Yarn so far - winning Knit Now magazine's Online Innovator Award in 2017 was a real highlight - and hope that you'll join us on Facebook and Instagram to move the community from strength to strength.

Plus keep your eye out for a special competition to mark the occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© A Woolly Yarn. Powered by