Monday 30 November 2015

Special Edition West Yorkshire Spinners' Christmas Sock Yarn + Free Pattern

Image courtesy of Brityarn
It's December and in my book that means it's officially time to put on the Christmas CDs, hang up the twinkly lights and start getting in the Christmas spirit - although it's too early for me yet to put the tree up - that'll happen in a couple of weeks. This year my husband and I are ditching the well-used fake tree for white twig tree with lights already attached.

I started my festive knitting for gifts a few months' back but now, assuming I get the presents finished in time, it's time for some 'me' knitting and West Yorkshire Spinners' special edition festive sock yarn fits that bill.

The two 100g 4 ply balls are Holly Berry - a variegated yarn that knits up to look like Fair Isle - and a solid red yarn called Cherry Drop. I bought mine from the online British wool shop Brityarn.

I've knitted a pair of socks using West Yorkshire Spinners' signature sock yarn before: see my previous post Knitting Socks Through Election Night. When I showed the finished result to my godmother she actually thought I'd knitted an intricate Fair Isle pattern, whereas really it was stocking stitch most of the way. The signature yarn knits up beautifully.

West Yorkshire Spinners has released a festive sock pattern to accompany the yarn This is what I'll be having a go at. I think the finished socks will look great worn with my red Mary Jane Doc Martins!

Here's the design:

Image courtesy of West Yorkshire Spinners
To download the free pattern go to the West Yorkshire Spinners' pattern download page. I hope you get the chance this December to do some knitting for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© A Woolly Yarn. Powered by